31 Jan Galentine’s Day: What You Need To Know & How To Celebrate It
Galentine’s Day: What You Need To Know & How To Celebrate It
Have you heard of Galentines Day? It started in a 2010 episode of Parks & Recreation and it’s been gaining momentum for quite some time. In a nutshell, it is celebrated on 13th February and the aim? To honour the female friendships in your life. I’m ALL for it so this year, I thought I’d give you a few ideas on how to celebrate.
Step 1: Card Up
Nothing says lady love like a heartfelt message in a card. The trick is to make it unique to your friendship. This collection from Etsy is where it’s at.
Step 2: Plan a girl date
A big part of showing someone you appreciate them is spending time with them! So, plan a girl date for you and your besties. Some of my favourite ideas?
- Wine + Cheese at Home (DUH, this is literally the only way to my heart)
- Shots on the d-floor. You can’t go wrong with this one.
- Brunch at a fancy establishment. Who doesn’t love brunch? Go all out and order her the smashed avo. She’ll feel super special.
- Movie night + all her favourite snacks. Tame but I’ll allow it should your lady friend be with child, recently post-child or you simply can’t be effed facing the world.
- If you are apart, a Zoom party with all the trimmings will do the trick. Surprise her with Uber eats directly to her door. She’ll love you forever!
Step 3: Gift It Good
Don’t disappoint your Galentine with a bleugh gift, show her just how rad she is with something super spec. I took the liberty of finding a few of my favourite things just to help you/give my lady friends a few ideas. Ha!
Flowers but make it everlasting.
Bloombox’s Flower Subscription service gives your Galentine flowers not only on the day but every month after. Yup, a whole YEAR of flowers to make her smile.
No explanation needed. These are delicious, locally produced and they come with cute hearts. No brainer. Coco & Bean is my go-to for sweet things.
Or does she? I don’t judge. What I do know is that every woman deserves to drink from the best and these stemless copper champagne flutes are that. Oh and I happen to stock them here which makes it pretty simple.
If your Galentine prefers gifts with an edge, may I suggest these sensational tee’s from Confetti Rebels? They are made by women for women which I think is quite appropriate.
Sending love to you and your Galentine,